Founded in 2014, Novioscan B.V., now part of Essity Hygiene and Health AB, develops smart, wearable ultrasound solutions for the healthcare market. An ambition that arose from the clinical demand for a solution for children who do not feel when they need to urinate.
The first Novioscan product is the SENS-U® which was launched in 2018. The SENS-U® is a small, wearable bladder monitor for children aged 6 to 12 that tracks bladder filling and discreetly alerts the user or caregiver when the bladder becomes full, helping to prevent potentially unwanted urinary leakage. An ultrasound-based portable device for use by adults with bladder-related problems is in development.
People make the difference at Novioscan; we have a small, passionate team with different backgrounds and experiences, headquartered in Nijmegen on the Novio Tech Campus. We are always interested in talented professionals in the fields of healthcare, engineering, software development, marketing and sales. Are you interested too? Send us an e-mail or take a look at the current vacancies;
Job description Electrical/Electronic Engineer
An Electrical/Electronic Engineer at Novioscan designs, develops and maintains electronic systems, sub-systems and components to required specifications, focusing on safety, reliability, economy, quality and sustainability.
You will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover to production. Besides having the required technical knowledge, you need to be able to manage your part of the project.
Primary responsibilities are:
• Designing electronic circuitry (component selection, schematic, PCB layout)
• Provide technical documentation
• Modeling and simulations
• Test and measurements of electronic blocks and systems
• Handling production of prototypes/products from PCB manufacturers
• Rework of PCB for testing purpose
• Close cooperation with colleagues from a different field (Embedded Software, Mechanics, Physics, Medical, Project Management, etc.)
Typical work activities
In Novioscan you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team, which include engineers from other specialist areas such as electronic designers, software engineers, physicist, medical technicians, marketing and sales staff, manufacturers. You are involved in every stage of design and development.
The range of activities is likely to include:
• Identifying customer requirements.
• Designing architecture for systems and products.
• Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales
• Liaising with others in the design team.
• Designing and conducting tests.
• Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data.
• Proposing modifications and retesting products.
• Qualifying the final product or system.
• Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations.
• Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design.
• Education in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
• Experience with Analog design with discrete components
• Experience with Electronics simulation tools
• Experience with Electronics CAD tools and PCB design
• Experience with Lab equipment (oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter, etc.)
• Experience with one or more programming languages is an advantage
• Experience with VHLD/Verilog is an advantage
• Affinity with PCB layout, Design for Testing, Design for Manufacturing is an advantage
• Affinity with physics and medical ultrasound is an advantage
• Affinity with wearable technology or healthcare industry is an advantage
• Team player, being able to communicate in English
What we offer:
We offer you a friendly, motivated and dynamic environment, a competitive salary and room for personal development. You will have your base in Nijmegen.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your resume to:
Reinout Woltjer, CTO ( email@example.com )
Dario Murgia, Electronics Engineer ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Margreet van Wijck, Project Manager ( email@example.com )