Novioscan BV, founded in 2014, develops smart and wearable ultrasound solutions for the healthcare market. The first Novioscan product is the SENS-U® that entered the market in 2018. It is a wearable bladder monitor for children, that keeps track of the bladder filling and warns the user or caregiver when the bladder is getting full, so unwanted urinary loss can be prevented. A future product will be an ultrasound-based wearable device for use by adults with bladder-related problems.
We have an enthusiastic team with different backgrounds and experiences, and we have our main office in Nijmegen a smaller in Utrecht.
Job description Embedded Software Engineer:
Software engineers at Novioscan designs, develops and maintains embedded software, application software and PC software systems and components to required specifications, focusing on low-energy, economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. The embedded software engineer will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover to production.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Propose system partitioning options from a software design point of view;
- Specify embedded software of potential products or enhance existing products;
- Draft, build and test the software for product ideas;
- Implement embedded software, including algorithms;
- Research design trends and product limitations.
Typical work activities
In Novioscan you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team, which include engineers from other specialist areas such as electrical designers, medical technicians, marketing and sales staff, manufacturers and other technicians. You are involved in every stage of design and development.
The range of activities is likely to include:
- Identifying customer requirements;
- Designing systems and products;
- Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales;
- Liaising with others in the design team;
- Liaising with clients and contractors;
- Designing and conducting tests;
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data;
- Proposing modifications and retesting products;
- Qualifying the final product or system;
- Preparing product documentation, writing reports and giving presentations;
- Monitoring a product in use to improve on future design.
- Education in HTS/TU Embedded Software, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with C, C++, experience with Java or C# is a pre;
- Affinity with wearable technology or healthcare industry is an advantage;
- Team player, being able to communicate in English and Dutch.
What we offer:
- We offer you a dynamic environment, a competitive salary and room for personal development. You will have your base in Nijmegen.Interested please contact us:
Reinout.Woltjer@novioscan.nl, +31-6-30222027 (CTO)
Avinash.Radjkoemar@novioscan.nl, +31-6-52718606 (Designer)